Specifically designed to help manage cyber threats and prepare businesses for data breach
Chantilly, VA-February 27, 2018 Intersections Inc. (NASDAQ: INTX), provider of Identity Guard®, the industry pioneer in identity theft protection services, today launched Data Breach Readiness, the first comprehensive data breach preparedness solution for small and medium sized businesses.
“The most devastating impacts of a data breach can only be avoided by both working to prevent a breach and by planning and preparing a response before an incident occurs,” said Jerry Thompson, Senior Vice President, of Intersections. “Identity Guard has helped companies manage data breaches for more than a decade, and we’ve distilled that experience into a robust package that helps businesses prevent or – in the worst case scenario – manage a breach.”
Businesses of all sizes face challenges in safeguarding their critical information. Small and medium-sized companies often lack the internal resources to dedicate towards preparedness, making them attractive targets for hackers. According to Small Business Trends, 43 percent of cyberattacks are aimed at small businesses.
Smart organizations are increasingly focusing on proactively identifying data breaches and preparing to efficiently react to them in advance of a data breach crisis. Identity Guard’s Data Breach Readiness service includes direct access to Delta Risk LLC, a Chertoff Grouporganization, which provides ongoing network assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities. Monthly scans help ensure early detection and resolution of developing security concerns.
“Having an effective cybersecurity strategy is the single best way for organizations to mitigate the worst consequences of a significant data breach, and the Identity Guard Data Breach Readiness program brings such a strategy to small and medium sized businesses.” said Michael Chertoff, Delta Risk board member and executive chairman of The Chertoff Group.
Identity Guard provides Data Breach Readiness clients with:
- All the information and templates needed to formulate a custom Data Breach Readiness Plan.
- Vulnerability Scanning to identify network vulnerability issues.
- Proprietary Identity Guard software tools to protect corporate and employee computers and phones from malicious attacks.
- Dark Net Monitoring that scans for sensitive business information that may indicate a potential threat.
- Training and Tools to educate employees on proper procedures for handling sensitive information to reduce the risk of a breach, including a dashboard to monitor participation.
- Identity Guard’s signature Identity Theft Protection, available at a significantly discounted rate, which provides breach victims access to Identity Guard’s industry-leading monitoring and resolution features in the event of a breach. With 24/7 oversight capabilities, Identity Guard monitors more data than any other identity protection service on the market.
For more information about Identity Guard’s Breach Readiness, visit: www.identityguardbusiness.com/breach-services/data-breach-readiness
About Intersections & Identity Guard®:
Intersections Inc. (Nasdaq: INTX) provides innovative software and data monitoring solutions that help consumers manage financial and personal risks associated with the proliferation of their personal data in the virtual and financial world. Under its IDENTITY GUARD® brand, the company delivers a premium service that utilizes technology solutions, including artificial intelligence to help individuals and organizations take control over their valuable information. Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, the company was founded in 1996. To learn more, visit www.intersections.com, www.identityguard.com and www.identityguardbusiness.com